Dealing with students with special needs
First, it is necessary to identify some of the relevant scientific terms:
Morbidity: Measurable organic disease by doctors.
Inability: It is when the body members are incapable to perform their functions.
Disability: The effects of disability on individual performance in different life and educational situations (not everyone who has an inability or a chronic illness has a disability)
Health Disability: It is a chronic disease (epilepsy – sugar …)
Sensory disability is a disorder in a sensory organ (hearing – sight – touching …)
Motor Disability: A disorder that affects the nervous, musculoskeletal system and leads to (paralysis – atrophy – deformities – tibes).
Of disabilities that lead to difficulty in communication and learning are (hearing impairment – visual – and mobility – and communication difficulties and language problems – and mental disorders – and mental impairment)
We will talk about it successively, God willing.
First: Hearing impairment:
Types: (deafness – hearing impairment) and is revealed by observing the various physical and behavioral symptoms that indicate a problem in hearing that the person may have.
Educational tips to deal with the hearing disability:
• Sit in a suitable place in the middle of the classroom and facing the teacher so that he could try and read the lips
• Directing the speech directly to him and alerting him to harm in the event of his departure
• Take into account the speed in the person’s speech as well as how fast he/she completes the sentence
• Using visual and sensory means
• Using excellent students to restore information and write notes on the blackboard
• Talk back and pay attention to explain it
• Use gestures and signals and ensure understanding
• Writing key words and duties on the blackboard
Dr. Amr A-Namr
Specialist in psychological counseling